Purpose: Light weight scout
aircraft to be used in the air-to-ground support role.
Revisions & Types:
- Single-engine recon bi-plane
- All-metal monocoque fuselage with fabric-covered
wood and metal wing structure.
- Crew of two in open cockpits
- 600-640hp Type 94-1 (Ha-8) nine cylinder
air-cooled radial engine.
- Two forward firing fixed 7.7mm machine-guns, one
or two dorsal flexible 7.7mm machine guns.
Reference: Japanese Aircraft 1910-1941 by
Robert C. Mikesh & Shorzoe Abe, published by Putnam
Last Revision 11/28/99